- Important Facts about Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek
Important Facts about Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek
- Location: Khumbu region of Nepal
- Level of difficulty: Moderate to challenging
- Mode of transportation: Private vehicle and a short flight
- Starting from: Lukla
- Ending at: Lukla
- Highest elevation: 5545m, Kalapatthar
- The trail passes through Sagarmatha National Park
- Mode of accommodation: Teahouse, local lodges
- Food Items: Local foods like Dal Bhat, bread and egg items, thukpa, noodles, etc.
- Major towns: Lukla, Namche, Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche and Gorekhshep
- Best time of the year: Autumn (Sep- Nov) and Spring ( April-June)
Everest Base Camp Trek, a world-class adventure trekking in the lap of Mt. Everest, the highest mountain summit in the world, has successfully lured thousands of trekkers since legendary climbers: Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa did scale Mt. Everest for the first time in 1953. They used the trail from Jiri – Everest Base Camp. But these days, the majority of the trekkers choose to fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and trek to Everest Base Camp via Namche and Tengboche.
Also Read-Everest Trekking in Winter.
Significant changes have been made in the Everest region for the comforts and luxury of trekkers
In the very beginning, there were no modern and luxury lodges, hotels, and restaurants on Everest Base Camp Trekking Trail. Slowly, the flow of tourists rose year by year and recently there are modern lodges and hotels on the Everest Base Camp Trekking trail. In fact, the local lodges have been transformed into modern luxury hotels and lodges which is one of the significant changes in accommodation for Everest Base Camp Trek.
Moreover, during the peak season ( Autumn) Sep-Nov, the trail and the lodges are terribly crowded. As a result, trekkers had to sleep in the dining and sometimes in the dormitory. But, nowadays, the construction of luxury lodges and hotels has made Everest Base Camp Trek a luxury trekking in Nepal.
The demands and the interests of the people have changed as time changed. To supply new interest and demands of the trekkers in the Khumbu region, the local government and the central government has made several changes to let the trekkers experience luxury during Everest Base Camp Trek.
So, in recent years, trekkers prefer the Luxury Everest Base Camp trek to the normal Everest Base Camp Trek. The world's Luxury has been so lovely and common to the majority of trekkers who come to Nepal and experience the holy Himalayas.
Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek is distinctive from normal Everest Base Camp Trek
- Professional trekking guide and porter
- A spectacular flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- 5-star Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Best Standard quality accommodation in Lukla, Phakding, Monjo, Namche, Tengboche, Lobuche and Gorekhshep
- Foods of your choice
- A prompt and reliable service guaranteeing safety and luxury for the whole trip
- Pick up and drop off by luxury private vehicle
- Stand by rescue
- A sound preparation with required equipment including first aid
- Trip briefing by trekking leader every day
- The best possible information about mountain peaks, people, and local culture
Note: If you choose Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek with a Helicopter flight from Base Camp to Lukla, your Everest Base Camp Trek will of course be more luxurious and convenient. If you prefer to fly from Everest Base Camp to Lukla, you can skip the same tiring trekking trail all the way back to Lukla via Tengboche and Namche.
It is true that the upgrade in transportation, food, service, and accommodation contribute to the rise in the cost of a particular trekking trip. Exactly the same happens for Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek. The basic Everest Base Camp Trek cost is 1150 USD. But the Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek cost will be more than double this price which is 2950USD. If you choose Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek with a Helicopter flight from Base Camp to Lukla, the cost will be 3950 USD.
Note: Only professional and responsible trekking agencies can operate Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek. So, do not run after all who promise you to offer Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek. They may cheat you or maybe fraud and finally lead to Heli Scam which was a burning issue a few months not only in Nepal but also in global media.
Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,804 m/9,199 ft) & Trek to Manjo (2825 /9186 ft): 30 min flight/3-4 hour trek
Day 02: Trek from Manjo to Namche Bazaar: 4-5 Hours trek
Day 03: Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazaar
Day 04: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Pangboche: 5- 6 Hours trek
Day 05: Trek from Pangboche to Dingboche: 5-6 Hours trek
Day 06: Trek from Dingboche to Chhukung: 2-3 Hours trek
Day 07: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche: 4-5 Hours trek
Day 08: Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m/16,961ft), visit Everest Base Camp (5,364 m/ 17,594 ft): 6- 7 hours trek
Day09: Early in the morning hike to Kalapatthar (5,555 m/18,225 ft) & Trek Down to Pheriche (4288 m/14070 ft): 6-7 Hours trek
Day 10: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar: 6-7 Hours trek
Day 11: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 5-6 Hours trek
Day 12: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu: 30 Min Flight
Preparations for Luxury Everest base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek is graded as a moderate to challenging trek in Nepal. So, we need to prepare accordingly. There are some important preparations to be done prior to trekking.
- Check the weather forecast
- Pack up the right and reliable trekking gear
- Book your trip with a reliable trekking company
- Accompany with professional guide and porter
- Carry some light snacks
- A sleeping bag and a warm-down jacket are mandatory
- Carry some basic medicine and also some special medicine if you have any health issues
- Go and get your health checked up and listen to the doctor
- Bring battery backup and buy a data pack so that you can connect with your family during the trip
Experiences and Skills
Everest Base Camp trek elevation ranges from 1300 to 5545m. We are going above 5000m but we are not going to encounter any technical trails in Everest Base Camp Trek. So, those who have basic skills of trekking or hiking can do Everest Base Camp Trek. No technical skills of climbing are required for it. However, we suggest doing some regular exercises, jogging, short hiking, or trekking prior to Everest Base Camp Trek to enhance your stamina.
If you are looking for Luxury Everest Trekking, we offer the Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek, Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek with Helicopter flight from Base Camp to Lukla, Luxury Everest View Trek, Short Everest Base Camp Trek with 5-star accommodation in Kathmandu, and many more.
For a complete guide to the Everest Region Trek, please click here.
If you are looking for different kinds of Tour Packages for the Everest Region, feel free to contact us.