Entry Protocol for Mountaineering, Expeditions, and Trekking in Nepal
The Government of Nepal (GON) has allowed tourists to visit Nepal for trekking or Climbing and expedition purposes from 17th October. The Ministry of Culture, Tourism, and civil aviation and Nepal tourism Board under the Department of Tourism announced the resume of the long shut tourism and permitted the trekkers and climbers intended to visit Nepal following the standard of procedures and safety protocols directed by the Health Department and Tourism Department.
Terms and Conditions to be followed by Foreign Tourists Visiting Nepal for Mountaineering Expeditions and Trekking:
- The “ ON ARRIVAL VISA” service was suspended due to the CoronaVirus Pandemic and will still be suspended. Any trekkers or climbers looking for a Nepal Visit Visa have to contact the Embassy of Nepal or any diplomatic missionaries from Nepal in their respective Country to get the Pre-Approved Nepal Visit Visa. If the traveler’s country has no Embassy of Nepal or Diplomatic missions, they can get a visa from Nepal with the assistance of a Travel agency as well.
- The Luxury Holidays Nepal( LHN) will assist travelers in obtaining a Visit Visa in the Countries that have no Nepalese embassy or Nepalese diplomatic missions.
- The tourist arriving in Nepal Entry Point along with Pre Approved Visa and/or Visa Recommendation as per article 1 will be provided the Nepal Visit Visa By the Department of Immigration.
- Tourists entering Nepal must have to present the following Mandatory documents at the point of Nepal Entry.
- Negative Report of RT- PCR ( Polymerase Chain Reaction) Test taken within 72 hours before arrival
- Visa Recommendation/ prior visa approved document as per article 1
- A hotel booking for at least seven days Quarantine in Nepal
- Travelers insurance/ Medical Insurance with the coverage of at least US$ 5000 against Covid-19 per person
- After entering Nepal, the travelers and tourist must have to stay in 7 days Hotel Quarantine which is mandatory by the Department of Tourism
- On the 5th day of the Quarantine, the tourists are required to go for the RT-PCR test. The cost of the test is paid by the tourist. Tourists are only allowed to proceed for Expedition or trekking after the Negative RT-PCR Test.
- The tourist who tested RT-PCR Positive as per article 5 must have to stay in quarantine till the Negative RT-PCR test report to proceed with the journey
- The crew members( Expedition or trekking guides, porters, and other assistance members) must have the Insurance coverage of at least NPR. 100,000/- provided by the Expedition or trekking team ( Trekking agencies or Expedition team)
- The tourist and the trekking or expedition team must have to follow the health and safety management and standard of procedures as per the Operational Guideline with Health Protocol for Tourism Sector by the Ministry of Culture, Tourism, and Civil Aviation. (Link are attached below in related links)
- The department of Tourism will issue other terms and provisions regarding health protocol, the standard of procedures, and VISA and regular notice and updates will be published. The trekking agency and expedition team are obligated to provide detailed information regarding the tourist as well as the notice and updates of the Department of tourism.