No recent searches!

    No international trekkers are permitted to enter the Everest region without trekking permits. We basically require obtaining two types of permits: TIMS which nowadays has been changed into location permit or card and Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit. Optionally, if you trek from Jiri, we need to obtain an additional permit for Gaurisankar Conservation Area Permit. We can buy all required permits from Kathmandu, Nepal Tourism Board Kathmandu located in Bhrikuti Mandap which is 10 minute's drive from central Thamel. We can collect our permits on our own or if we book the trip through a travel or trekking company, the representative of the company will help you to collect them for you.

    TIMS Card or Location Permit

    Previously, trekkers could collect TIMS cards for Everest Trekking from Tourism Board Kathmandu but nowadays, the Everest region has been operating every trip to the Everest region independently collecting all fees of Location Permit. We can obtain a Location Permit from Lukla. But for other reasons except Everest trekking, TIMS Card can be obtained from Tourism Board located in Kathmandu. This location card or permit in Lukla costs equivalent to TIMS Card which is required for other regions. The location card costs USD 20.

    Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit

    Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit can be obtained at Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu. Optionally, we can purchase it at its office at Monjo which is the entry point of Sagarmatha National Park. But the majority of the trekkers who make their trip to Everest Base Camp or the Everest region buy Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit at Tourism Board in Kathmandu. The trekking and travel company representative will help you to collect it for you. 

    In case you are in rush and cannot buy it in Kathmandu, do not worry, we can obtain it at Monjo, Sagarmatha National Park Office. Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit costs USD 34.

    Additional Permit ( optional)

    Some trekkers love to make their trip to Everest Base Camp from Jiri via Shivalaya to Namche. If you follow this trail from Jiri, we need to buy Gauri Shankar Conservation Area Permit at Shivalaya. We can buy this permit in Kathmandu from Tourism Board. We recommend buying this permit from Tourism Board in Kathmandu which costs USD 20. But if you get it from Shivalaya, on the way to Namche, you need to pay double the normal price which is USD 40.

    How Can I Obtain my TIMS and other Permits?

    Simply, we can obtain all sorts of permits from the Nepal Tourism Board located at BhrikutiMandap in Kathmandu except the Everest Trekking Permit. It is 15 minutes walk from central Thamel to get Tourism Board in Kathmandu. If you choose to drive, it may take 10 minutes due to heavy traffic on the road. You need to fill up the form. It is not an online form. Bring a copy of your passport and two p.p sized photographs.

    We need to obtain both permits for Everest region trekking like Everest Base Camp Trek, Everest View Trek, Gokyo Lakes, and Everest Base Camp Trek, Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek, Luxury short Everest Base Camp Trek with Helicopter flight, etc.

    For a complete guide to the Everest Region Trek, please click here.

    If you are looking for different kinds of Trekking Packages in Nepal, feel free to contact us.

    Drop us a message